RICHARD SWEDBERG'S RESEARCH PAGE
- Richard Swedberg. 2017. A Sociological Approach to Hope in the Economy. In Miyazaki and Swedberg [Eds.], The Economy of Hope
- Richard Swedberg. 2017. Mercantilist-Utopian Projects in Eighteenth-Century Sweden. In Miyazaki and Swedberg [Eds.], The Economy of Hope
- Richard Swedberg. 2016. Can You Visualize Theory? On the Use of Visual Thinking in Theory Pictures, Theorizing Diagrams, and Visual Sketches, Sociological Theory. 2016, Vol. 34,3:250–275.
- Richard Swedberg. 2016. Before theory comes theorizing or how to make social science more interesting (plus response to commentators), The British Journal of Sociology 2016 Volume 67 Issue 1, pp. 5–22, 57–70.
- Richard Swedberg. 2015. "Orientation to Others": A Central but Forgotten Concept in Max Weber's Sociology, from: Gianluca Manzo (ed.) Theories and Social Mechanisms. Oxford: Bardwell Press, 2015.
- Richard Swedberg. 2011. Theorizing in Sociology and Social Science: Turning to the Context of Discovery. Theory and Society, 41(2012):1–40.
- Richard Swedberg. 2011. The Role of Senses and Signs in the Economy. Journal of Cultural Economy, Vol. 4, No. 4, November:423–37.
- Richard Swedberg. 2011. Max Weber's Central Text in Economic Sociology. Pp. 62–77 in Mark Granovetter and Richard Swedberg (eds.), The Sociology of Economic Life. Westview.
- Richard Swedberg. 2010. Thinking and Sociology. Journal of Classical Sociology 11,1:1–19.
- Richard Swedberg. 2010. The Structure of Confidence and the Collapse of Lehman Brothers, Research in the Sociology of Organizations 30A:71–14.
- Richard Swedberg. 2010. A Note on Civilizations and Economies, European Journal of Social Theory 13,1:15–30.
- Richard Swedberg (with Thorbjo/rn Knudsen). 2009. Capitalist Entrepreneurship: Making Profit through the Unmaking of Economic Orders, Capitalism and Society 4,2, Art.3:1–26.
- Richard Swedberg. 2008. The Centrality of Materiality: Economic Theorizing from Xenophon to Home Economics and Beyond, Pp. 57–87 in Trevor Pinch and Richard Swedberg (eds.), Living in a Material World. MIT Press
- Richard Swedberg. 2007. The Market Contexts 6,4:64–66.
- Richard Swedberg. 2006. Verstehende Wirtschaftssoziologie? On the Relationship between Max Weber's "Basic Sociological Concepts" and his Economic Sociology, Max Weber Studies, Beiheft 1, pp. 121–34
- Richard Swedberg. 2006. Tocqueville as Economic Sociologist?, The Toqueville Review 27,1:131–167
- Richard Swedberg. 2005. Towards an Economic Sociology of Capitalism, L'Annee Sociologique 55:419–50.
- Richard Swedberg. 2005. Can there be a sociological concept of interest?, Theory and Society 34:359–390
- Richard Swedberg. 2005. Conflicts of Interests in the U.S. Brokerage Industry, Pp. 187–203 in Karin Knorr Cetina and Alex Preda (eds.), The Sociology of Financial Markets. New York: Ocford University Press
- Richard Swedberg. 2003. The Case for an Economic Sociology of Law, Theory and Society 32:1–37
- Richard Swedberg. 2000. The Social Science View of Entrepreneurship: Introduction and Practical Applications, Richard Swedberg (ed.) Entrepreneurship: The Social Science View. Oxford University Press
- Richard Swedberg and Peter Hedstrom. 1998. Social Mechanisms, Cambridge University Press
- Richard Swedberg. 1997. New Economic Sociology: What Has Been Accomplished, What Is Ahead?, Acta Sociologica 40:161–182
- Richard Swedberg. 1994. Markets as Social Structures, Pp. 255–282 in Neil Smelser and Richard Swedberg (eds.), Handbook of Economic Sociology. New York and Princeton: Russell Sage Foundation and Princeton University Press
- Richard Swedberg, Ulf Himmelstrand and Goran Brylin. 1987 (originally 1985). The Paradigm of Economic Sociology: Premises and Promises, Theory and Society 16:169–213
Working Papers and Miscellaneous Writings
- Richard Swedberg and Trevor Pinch. 2012. Wittgenstein's Visit to Ithaca in 1949, Distinktion: Scandinavian Journal of Social Theory 2012:1–28.
- Richard Swedberg. 2011. The Household Economy: A Complement or Alternative to the Market Economy? CSES Working Paper #58
- Richard Swedberg. 2010. Theorizing: Two Brief Pieces, Perspectives: Newsletter of the ASA Theory Section
- Richard Swedberg (with Wendelin Reich). 2010. Georg Simmel's Aphorisms, Theory, Culture and Society 27,1:24–51.
- Richard Swedberg. 2009. Tocqueville as an Empirical Researcher
- Richard Swedberg. 2006. Kant's Conjectures, (Conference Talk)
- Richard Swedberg. 2005. Auguste Rodin's The Burghers of Calais: The Career of a Sculpture and Its Appeal to Civic Heroism, Theory, Culture and Society 22,2:45–67.
- Richard Swedberg. 1999. Civil Courage (Zivilcourage): The Case of Knut Wicksell, Theory and Society 28:501–528
Back to Faculty Profile for Richard Swedberg